Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 11 February 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I haven’t made any further progress on the My Tweets block. I’ve stalled out for some reason, although I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s just I’ve been too tired in the evenings, which is when I do most of my hand stitching. I made a small start on my new cross stitch project, only to stall out on that as well. The chart is difficult to see and difficult to hold onto while stitching. I usually scan the charts into my computer and then import them into a knitting program I have called knit companion. However, the printer was unplugged, waiting for a place to put it; renovations you know, affect the most mundane things. However, the printer now has a place to live and I was able to get that chart uploaded. So I can perhaps do more on that in the days to come.

So what is a lady to do when there is nothing else to occupy her hands..... start a new pair of socks. I had some leftovers from various previous pairs of socks, all having shades of grey in them. So I got out my digital scale and divided them up into equal amounts for a pair of “frankensocks”. I don’t really need any more socks, although the ones I made when I first started into socks are getting thin at the toes and heels. I did do some research a while back on how to replace worn spots in socks, but I think I’d rather just make new ones. 

I’ll link up with Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.





2 comments:

  1. Every time I see your cross-stitch projects, I dream of working on mine too. Unfortunately, knitting and quilting seems to be taking up all my time - and our new granddaughter needs a quilt and a sweater (she wasn't due until the 25th). I'm enjoying your "frankensocks" too - your colours work together quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankensocks are fun. I'm knitting a pair at the moment for my granddaughter. She told me she would like a pair of socks in all sorts of colours when I told her I had so many little bits of wool left over. Of course, mine must be matching, easy enough since I knit mine flat, two at a time.
    gether.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.