Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 26 March 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I’m still working on the big stitch quilting on Noah’s Journey. I think I’m almost halfway done. If I can keep going at this rate I will be able to enter it into the quilt show in June. I’ve got until the end of April to register quilts into the show, so I’ll know more then. 

These are the three sections I’ve finished this week.



 I’m not doing any detail quilting in the animals. I’m going around the outside of the bigger animals and then going under the grass embroidery. That seems to be  enough to give the right amount of quilting density and also give it a bit of depth. With the big stitches and thicker thread I wouldn’t be able to get around the smaller areas, for example the bunnies. 

I’m linking to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching







3 comments:

  1. Love Noah's journey! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting on Noah's Journey is looking fabulous. This fun quilt is going to look amazing when finished. I would love to see this quilt up close and personal at a quilt show as there are so many wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful quilt. Are you keeping it for a family baby?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.