Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 21 February 2021

Slow Stitching All Week Long

 I’m back to rotating my projects again and it continues to work well. I have two more circles done on the Millefiori Mandala. I’m really enjoying seeing the different designs and details form inside each circle. I’d never done anything quite like it before, which was the original attraction of this piece.

I’m working on the goats for Noah’s Journey. It’s fun that one of the goats has spots that are heart shaped.

My favourite project though, is this Family Sampler. I am loving every minute and every stitch. I’m learning so many new stitches in it. That makes it fun and challenging to do and not a bit boring. I’m sad when the end of the day comes and I have to set it aside. But I’m determined to not let anything turn into a UFO and sit unfinished so I will continue to rotate through them. 

I’m going to link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and then get to my own stitching. Today is the family sampler day. I’m looking forward to seeing how much further I can get on it. The next section is #9 out of 29. Yes I freely and willingly admit to being insane.







3 comments:

  1. Oh my, your Millefiori Mandala is amazing. So much lovely detail. Your goats are sweet with the little heart spots and as for your sheltering tree, it is spectacular. I can totally see why you love stitching this pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are gorgeous! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A happy insanity Kathy!! Love all your projects. I used to do a lot of cross stitch, but cannot see it anymore...too much strain on my eyes. But, I do enjoy outline embroidery! I love rotating my projects too. It helps to avoid strain on hands doing different tasks and for me it helps with getting bored with doing one thing too long :-). Lovely work. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.