Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 17 June 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Last week I showed a picture of a quilt I’ve named Friendship Chain that I wanted to start. It was an Electric Quilt 7 generated picture - this one. 

Since then I’ve actually started on the quilt and made a bit of progress.  It’s a bit of a challenge trying to figure out how to sew it together in a logical manner. If I were doing it in just two colours it wouldn’t be bad at all. But I want each chain to be a different colour and haven’t quite figured out yet the best way to do that. I’m English Paper Piecing it and am quite happy with the way it looks so far. I’ve changed the triangles that show in between each block in the Electric Quilt picture to diamonds and that is part of what is making the piecing so challenging. But I didn’t want that extra seam in there. I suspect at some point I’m going to have to set up a design wall and lay it out and then do a diagram of what colours are going to go where and what will be paired with which. In the meantime, I’m having fun. I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.


6 comments:

  1. You sure get a lot done each week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Really like this one!!! Glad that you're having fun with it - I think I'd be having nightmares about all of those seams...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I forgot you had the means to make your odd EPP pieces! It looks terrific, Cathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that is a complex design my brain could not manage!
    Looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.