The work in progress I’ve been playing around with is more of the large scale floral Disappearing Four Patch blocks that Jannette and I are doing.
Somewhere along the line I have managed to change the size of the cuts not once, but twice. So there are three different sizes in this quilt. These are the smallest with the cuts finishing at 3/4 inches. These are going into the centre of the quilt. I did some playing around in Electric Quilt to see if I could come up with a design that would separate out all the different sizes, and I’ve shared it with Jannette, since she was also effected by the change in sizes. This is what I’ve come up with. The different sizes are separated out by the dark sashes, which also act as a really neat design element.
The new start is another baby quilt for our grand daughter, expected in January. It is also Disappearing Four Patches, set in a more modern, minimalist way. I originally saw the quilt here, and really liked the layout. These are the colours that Becca has chosen. It’s not going to take long to finish this one.
Earlier today I loaded a new customer quilt and got it about halfway finished. Here’s a look at it. And that’s been my day, full of fun quilty stuff. I’m going to link up with Connie’s Linky Tuesday and the Canadian sharing site the Needles and Thread Network for their Work in progress Wednesday.
Wow Great job,ReplyDelete
You have been a busy girl! They are all lovely! You make me feel better as my style is very "ADD" always having too many projects in various stages- good to know I'm not alone!
I often find that mistakes are an opportunity to get creative and add something that in the end enhances the design of the quilt. I like the idea of adding the dark sashing strips to your disappearing four patches. They really take the quilt to the next level!ReplyDelete
hi, checking out your four patch... I've been thinking about doing that oneReplyDelete
LeeAnna at not afraid of color