Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 22 July 2013

Design Wall Monday, July 22, 2013

I have a couple of things up today. We had a sewing day at the guild on Saturday, and I took my quilt project Thanksgiving, which is a pattern by Judy Martin, in her book Patchwork Among Friends. I took this one because I figured it needed less concentration than Meteor Shower, so that I'd be able to visit and sew at the same time, without running into problems. Well, this wasn't quite true, so there was a bit of ripping done, because I wasn't paying close enough attention to what I was doing. But, I came away from the day with another block done. Four down, 12 to go.

The other one I have up is Meteor Shower. I have 4 blocks done, and another about a third of the way done. This quilt needs 13 of the 2 coloured blocks. This too, is a Judy Martin pattern, from her book Scraps. I'm hoping to do some more on this one today, and get that 5th block done.

We're planning to take off for a week camping either tomorrow or the next day, so I need to get some projects ready to take with me, as well. I'm just not sure yet, what I want to take. It isn't likely that we'll get a hydro site, so whatever I take will have to be hand work. I'll have to rummage around and see what I can find. Maybe I'll have time to get some more prepared for My Tweets, and get back to working on that one.

I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday, where there's lots of other fun and inspiring things to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.