Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 1 December 2011

Crumbs quilt is finished




 Wow, am I ever on a roll. I have another finish. Of course, it isn't a very big quilt, measuring about 60 x 62, and it is quilted with a very simple overall meander. I figured that, since there is so much going on in the quilt itself, complex quilting wouldn't show. Even with the close up, the quilting is difficult to see. For the backing, I found some leftover pieces that were crying to be used up, and to be put into a quilt so they could be loved. I really like the splash of orange tulips down the middle. I hope Shelby likes it, when she gets it for Christmas. I wonder how I'll know if she does, considering she's our chocolate labrador retriever grand-doggy.     And now, I'm off to work. See ya....

Friday edit: Once again, I'm going to link up to AmandaJean's Crazy Mom's Quilts for her Finish it up Friday. And I just found a new linky party that looks like it has a lot of fun stuff to look at, called the Rock 'n Share Party hosted buy a blog called The Shady Porch. Looks Like I'll be spending some time on her front porch.

8 comments:

  1. It's wonderful Cathy! You are on a roll... trying to get as many done before the end of the year as you can?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it. You do such wonderful work, my wheels are churning! Congrats on *another* terrific finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulously scrappy quilt! a 60 x 62 quilt isn't exactly small, you know. you need to give yourself more credit! ;) congrats on your finish and thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were some fun blogs to visit...so many great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That was so fast for a finish on this "not very big" quilt! I'm still putzing around with my blocks. Love the red binding...it's perfect!
    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finish Cathy! You will know she loves it when you can't get her off it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! I've been having a lot of fun with crumb patchworking lately, too. Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww, a Shelby quilt! I just realised that I wasn't caught up on reading your blog (because I moved the bookmark so Noel wouldn't read about his quilt). I didn't even realise you were making this for her. She'll love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.