Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 25 November 2010

Today I will.....

Today I will make a list of all the things I want to get accomplished today. It's cold and wet outside, the kind of cold and wet that is almost cold enough to snow, but doesn't, so it is just damp and dreary instead. But, we are warm and snug in here. Sometime before I got up this morning, Scott was up and built a lovely fire. So, I'm sitting here on the couch, with my laptop on my lap, all warm and toasty, not particularly wanting to get up and do anything. It's days like today I wish I could move all my sewing stuff down here to the living room. But, I think that would cause major revolution in the house, from my wonderfully patient, and understanding, husband. There is already a quilt on the floor, waiting to have it's ends tied in, another quilt on the rocking chair that I just finished tieing the ends in. The table beside the couch is covered with applique and knitting stuff, and books, and papers, and thread, and needles, and.......... I could give in, and enjoy the fire and work on some applique, but there is other stuff I want/need to get done. So, I will exercise some self discipline, (have I mentioned before that is not one of my strong points?) and make a list and work towards getting it done, so, here goes.

1. Make the binding, and sew it onto the 3 completed quilt tops.
2. Make the 4th square for Teaquilt's sew along
3. Take pictures, and write a post about the 4 finished blocks.
4. Decide whether I'm going to hand or machine finish the bindings.
5. Do some more work on some Christmas presents.

That should pretty much take care of the day. If there is time left, I will do some more on the Pineapple Nine Patch quilt, and see if I can get it to the finished stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.