Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 7 February 2010

Time to call the men in the white coats


OK, it's official. I can't deny it any longer. Someone needs to call the men in the white coats to come and take me away. This cactus rose quilt is beautiful. I love it. I love the colours, and the 4 coloured background, and the ring of points, and the cactus points, and the star in the centre. I do not love the paper. I wish there was another way to achieve the same effect, with the same accuracy, but, there isn't. So i will continue with the paper, hopefully without going further out of my mind, because the end result is SO worth it. It took me almost 15 minutes to de-paper the section pictured here. Getting the little bits left behind in the sharp points. Arggggggg!

3 comments:

  1. Yes it will be worth it, keep going....I want to see that quilt some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The border on my quilt is fabric--not pieced.

    I am amazed with the cactus rose quilt. I think it takes more patience than I have. I haven't taken up paper piecing yet--I think for now, I'll just watch you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your going out of your mind.My mind can't even comprehend beginning something like this.Great job good luck.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.