Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 18 September 2024

What we’re working on

 We have 3 more quilt tops finished for our prayers and squares group. We had a bunch of fabric squares with birds on them donated to our group which got made up into large quarter log cabins. We have a bin of 3 1/2 inch strips full of all different colours and themes so I went digging for tans and golds and browns and greens and greys to make a controlled scrappy quilt. This one was done using Bonnie Hunter’s Bricks and Stepping Stones pattern. We are divided in opinion regarding if it needs borders or not. There are enough strips left in this bin to do quite a few more of this pattern if we wish. And the last one is the autumn scene panels which turned out quite wonderfully using fabrics our group already had in our group stash. This one already has a recipient in mind. The quilting is finished and the binding will hopefully get finished this week. If I remember before next week, I’ll get a photo of our wonderful sewing area in the church fellowship hall.

I’ll link up to Mid Week Makers and then I have to get back to the apples we picked last Saturday. There is apple butter in the line up, as well as dehydrated apples. The dehydrator has been going pretty much every day to keep up with all these apples. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.