Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 14 April 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I won the game of chicken I was playing between myself and the yarns for my sweater. I finished the body and the short sleeves with just the smallest little balls left of each colour. Whew!! I have one more round of the green to do on the second sleeve and the I can go and start to pick up the stitches around the bottom of the sweater for the green contrast band. Maybe after this sweater is done I’ll go back to my cross stitching. Or maybe, since I’ve enjoyed doing this sweater so much, I’ll dig around in my yarn tote and find some yarn to make another. I’ll have to wait and see. Sometime soon, I hope, the warm weather will get here. We have ordered a small screen shelter that can be set up on our deck. Hopefully it will provide protection from those nasty black fly bitting critters so I can spend the nice days outdoors. It should arrive sometime this week. Hopefully there will be a nice day where we can set it up and try it out before those nasty critters arrive to drive us nuts. They are the only down side to living up here in lovely Muskoka. Thankfully, their season only lasts for about 6 weeks, May into June, and the rest of the time is pure beauty. 

Anyhow, I’ll link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and then perhaps put on an audiobook and take some stitches in the quilting of My Tweets.



1 comment:

  1. So p,eased you wo yarn chicken, these games don't always go the way we hope for.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.