Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 7 June 2023

What we are working on

 Our Prayers and Squares group needed a quilt done quickly with an emphasis on purples. I had some blocks here that I have been working on that were intended for this group. They all use 3 1/2 inch strips. I switched out some colours and made up some purple blocks. We started the meeting with 19 different blocks to choose from. We narrowed it down to 12 and the began the task of deciding on sashing and border fabrics to get it up to a size we needed. By the end of the afternoon the blocks were a finished quilt top. I am so impressed with how much our small group of ladies can accomplish in an afternoon. Hopefully we will have the backing fabric for this by next week. Then we can get it layered and quilted

I am going to continue on here using up some more of my dot print fabrics and continue making blocks to go with the 7 that are left.

I’m linking up to Mid Week Makers.







2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    What a lovely quilt! I love all the colors, both in the finished top and in the leftover blocks. I'm linked up in the Mid Week Makers too. I'm finding your blog through the link up. I'm #15 there...sharing a quilt that doesn't yet have a home.

    Have a great week and keep stitchin'!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quilt!!! I enjoyed reading your story of how quickly it went together, with a group of quilt friends. I also found you from Mid Week Makers.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.