Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 3 May 2023

What I’m working on



 In my continuing quest to use up my fabric stash..... we all know the futility of that, but it’s fun..... I started some new blocks using 3 1/2 inch strips. I’m using the EasyAngle ruler to cut the triangles. Each block is using a 42 inch wide strip of fabrics for the lights and darks. I am aiming for 20 blocks since that is the limit of the polka dot background fabric. So far there are 8. These sew up quite quickly. And I just noticed that there is something wrong with the lime green square. One of the corner triangles is turned the wrong way. Time to get out the seam ripper. It remains cold and wet outside which means it is a good day for ripping and then sewing. The weekend forecast looks fabulous and I’m looking forward to working in the garden.

I’m linking to Mid week makers

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy, we share similar backgrounds, interests and I too have 2 children and 2 grandchildren. I really like the blocks you've shown in the last two posts. Really neat the way they come together and your colours are wonderful. It has rained here in the Ottawa Valley for 8 days straight now and feeling cold as well. Tired of this awful weather too. Happy Stitching to you from me!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.