Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 8 February 2023

What I’m working on

 I have a finish for this week. The red flying geese quilt we were working on for the prayers and squares group is finished and quilted and has the binding sewn on, although the binding isn’t on in this picture. It has gone to the next person in the process to have the binding hand stitched down and the label sewn on. 

The next block for the Civil War quilts BOM called Atlanta Garden came out today. It’s an easy one so I made up the floral version today. At the same time I did another 2 setting squares which means that the first row is finished. 

And then because my other scrappy projects were finished I started a new one. It isn’t really a new one though. It has slowly been growing as a leader/ender project, so it’s more like it’s been moved to an active project rather than a totally new one. In my quest to use only what I have I ran into a challenge with this one. I had enough of the floral background for the flying geese star points to do 15 blocks. So in an effort to use up 15 blocks I had to spend some time in the Electric Quilt computer program to find a layout that would work. Here’s what I came up with. And these are the actual fabrics that will form the long stripes between the rows of blocks shown in between a couple of blocks.
The butterflies are part of a border print fabric that was buried in my stash.I think it is going to work well.

I’m linking to Mid week Makers

1 comment:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.