Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 31 May 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

My new yarn for my Grenadine sweater arrived this past week and I immediately wound it into a cake and got to using it. I love the transition from the multicoloured to the red.



I am two rounds away from casting off the body of the sweater and beginning the sleeves. I’m not sure whether I’ll work on the sweater more this afternoon or get back to machine piecing a quilt. I’ll decide after posting this.

I got as far as pulling out one of my hand pieced quilts this past week. I spread it out and looked at it and pondered what next needed doing and that was as far as I got. I seem to have lost my hand sewing mojo. I’m sure it will come back and so I will wait until then rather than forcing it and ending up with results I don’t like.

I don’t really have anything else to post about today, so I’ll go ahead and link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you have transitioned the new wool into your sweater. It is a perfect fit. It does look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful - cannot wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy I really like the sweater you are knitting. I have a very old yarn stash ( mainly quilting now) but getting the knitting bug again. I have never in my 50 years of knitting, knitted a top down sweater and am very keen to try it. Are you pleased with the neckline. I didn't want one too high, but also not a boat style. Be keen to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.