Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 17 May 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

I’m moving very slowly today. On Friday we picked up our annuals for the open area under one of the trees in the back yard. Yesterday was the day to start planting them. We got about half of them in before it was time to call it a day. Or to put it more accurately, until my body told me very loudly that it was time to call it a day. Well today that same body is making all kinds of nasty remarks, mostly referring to my lack of brain to think that it was a good idea to spend hours digging in the garden under the tree that was full of non yielding tree roots in order to plant the flowers. My recliner rocking chair, tylenol and heating pad are keeping me quite close company at the moment.

I’ve made considerable progress on my Grenadine Sweater. I’ve divided off for the sleeves and also changed yarn colours. The photo shoot location for the sweater is proof that I’m not moving too far. A great shot of the sweater on my lap top on my lap. (grin)

I’ll publish this post and link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and then go back to more knitting.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you get to feeling better. The sweater is so pretty love the soft colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are dealing with aches and pains. I know the feeling. Your sweater is very pretty. I like those yarn choices. Hope you feel better and can get back to your gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a Sunday sitting in your rocking knitting your lovely sweater is a very good idea. Love the pattern you are knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya on those aches and pains. I figure once the garden in finished being planted, then I can rest. Love the look of that sweater. Who is the designer. Googled it but only found one that looked similar so was wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just don't seem to learn... (at least I don't...)
    LOVE that pattern and am looking forward to seeing the completed sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave up planting anything several years ago. It's just too hard on my body. Hope you are healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another challenging sweater pattern with cables? Hope you're feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.