Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 18 March 2020

WIP Wednesday

I’m taking full advantage of the orders to stay hame and distance from other people. If it weren’t for such a serious reason it would be a pure delight to do it. As it is, there is no shortage of something to do if one happens to be a quilter. I’m working on more Kona Stars. There are a lot of blank spaces yet where the alternate blocks go.



 I’m trying to stay within the stash I have and use the colours I’ve got. That means there are a lot of repeat colours. It is going to be a challenge to not have them together. I’ve given myself the loose guideline that the same colour can be diagonal to the other but not side by side. I only have two more of the primary blocks to make. But I’m holding off making those until I get more alternates done, just to see what I need for colour placement. I can’t actually sew any of the alternates together until  I decide on final placement since they each use pieces from the colours around them, which is why they are pinned on the wall as pieces rather than blocks.
I’m linking to the Needle and Thread Network WIP Wednesday and to Mid Week Makers. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

2 comments:

  1. There's plenty of green, so maybe a few more teals and reds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying seeing this come to life!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.