Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 26 May 2019

Fussy cutting bliss

I’m at it again.... taking perfectly good fabric and turning it into Swiss Cheese. But it is so much fun seeing what the final piece looks like when done. I’m continuing to work on Battle of the Stars from Willyne Hammerstein’s Millefiori 3. These have been the focus of my slow stitching this week.   I also finished adding all the navy blue background pieces to the centre of the quilt. All of these next round of stars will also have navy blue around them. These two aren’t fussy cut. The fabrics were interesting enough to not need to.
Here’s the finished centre with the four stars laid around it. I have six more to do. I’m trying very hard to use fabric I already have rather than buying more.I think I have found a few more fabrics that will work for more fussy cutting. But I think I will fill in with other fabrics that stand well on their own in the mix without the fussy cutting.  Perhaps alternating them around the centre.
I had hoped to spend some time outside stitching this afternoon. But the clouds have moved in and the temperature has dropped to the point where is isn’t  comfortable out there, so I’ll do my stitching in my favourite chair beside the window instead.
I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching






3 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful! I have no idea how you go about picking colours and fabrics to create these beautiful things! Enjoy your stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat to look at your pretty stars. All are beautiful but those fussy cut ones really take the prize! Hope you enjoy some lovely stitching by that window of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See this is why I love visiting blogs...to see such beautiful things made from fabric. This is inspiring to me. Make no mistake, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.