Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 15 April 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

I finally have the last of the borders for Leo’s Mane finished. All the remains is to sew them to the main body of the quilt. There are two side borders of eight blocks each. And two for the top and bottom of ten blocks each plus the corner blocks, just finished earlier today.


We had a great time at the Shedden quilt show, in spite of the terrible weather on Saturday. By the time we packed up and left at 4 pm on Saturday the rain that had been pouring down was turning to freezing rain. We made it home safe though, as did my friend Charlene who helped me out all weekend. This was our booth. 

It was so exciting to see it all set up. Our son Noel built the four sided peg board stand for me. It sits on wheels and turns. 
He took an old office chair and used the wheels from it to make it moveable and turnable. The whole thing comes apart and lies flat to get it in and out of the car. It was fabulous!!
We get to do it again the first weekend May in Simcoe at the Norfolk Quilters Guild quilt show.
However, for the rest of today, I’m going to start sewing the borders on, after I link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching








4 comments:

  1. Your booth looks so nice and organized. The peg board stand looks great. Your son is very talented. How exciting you are almost finished with the piecing of Leo's Mane, just looks beautiful. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness your booth looks awesome! Way to go!
    I am celebrating with you and hope the weather did not deter too many visitors to the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your booth looks fabulous! Love that your son recycled a desk chair to make your stand--very ingenious! Hope you had a very successful show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your booth looked great! Especially love the spinning display rack.
    Sorry I missed the show - I should have filled the gas tank on Friday - we had a 5 1/2 hour power outage on Sat., so no way to fill it up then - and the weather was a deterent too. Hope you did well!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.