Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 11 February 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

So close, so very very close to being done with Leo’s Mane. I have over half of the 40 English Paper Pieced units that I need up to the second step.
I have 40 of these, the first step
And 23 of these. the second step.I need 13 more of these for a total of 36 and then 4 of a bit of a different configuration to do the corners of the borders. After that, I put in the corner fabrics that turn these odd shapes into squares and these are done. The goal of the end of February looks like it might be reachable. Here they are, what I have done so far all together. They aren’t going to be laid out this way, considering they are meant for a border, but looking at them here, there are possibilities for further design variations. It would make a really fun scrappy quilt.
I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and then it will be back to more stitching.





5 comments:

  1. I have not seen this pattern before...it is awesome! I like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up that quilt since I had never heard of it. Gosh it's going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go! I'm really looking forward to seeing the finish. And then design variations? Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, i finished now the blocks of border 3, i hope i can finish it next weekend,
    I love your colors.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're on a roll there. Not many more to do before they are all complete. Nice colours.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.