Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 22 October 2017

Leo’s Mane Third border

Hand stitching is all about slow stitching. It’s about enjoying the process as much as the finish, since the finish takes so long to happen. But, slowly Leo’s third border is coming together. I started the third border back on the 6th of September, but then took two weeks out of that time to work on something else. Out of 28 blocks needed for the border I have 18 1/2 of them finished. The last of them should be done by the end of this month, if I keep up with the amount of stitching I’ve been doing. It’s mostly evening stitching, 2 or 3 hours at a time, but not daily. Last week I had 10 of the stars finished, so that’s about 1 1/2 blocks a day, on average. I’m keeping fairly close track of this both for my own information and also so I know approximately how to break down each border into steps for the sew along for this project.

This past week Manuela posted a picture of her finished centre on her blog here.  Martina’s is here and Ariane has posted a picture of hers on instagram here. They are all so completely different and it’s so much fun to see other people take the design and make it theirs.
I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching before going back to more stitching of my own.

6 comments:

  1. Wow this is such a wonderful design! My hat goes off to you doing this by hand! I have only pieced a trip around the world by hand. I wish I had started hand piecing at a younger age as my hands don't tolerate it much anymore. Looking forward to seeing the others your mentioned and how this comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s looking wonderful! I’m almost done squaring up my center. Can’t wait to start on the next border. It’s wonderful to see what the other ladies are doing with their center block. Thanks for sharing their links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to see the progress you are making on this fantastic quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Each of these projects are so different and so wonderful!
    Enjoy your slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your star blocks looks great.
    Wonderful third border.
    Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.