Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 15 October 2017

Leo’s Mane back in production again

I’ve gotten as far as I can get in my version of Creme Brûlée without rethreading the sewing machine with dark thread. I have to sew up the corners of the borders before I can sew down the last of the outside diamonds. So, I am back to working on Leo’s Mane, the third border. I’m taking these stars and am adding on the outer triangles to turn them into finished blocks, which I am then stitching together to make the borders. Here’s how it looks so far, with that third border laid beside what is already finished. It is a long, slow process. But that is the point of hand stitching, to take our time and enjoy the process. Of course, it’s made even longer when this device currently sitting on my lap, on which I am currently typing, keeps distracting me with all manner of interesting things on the internet and Facebook and blogs. But that too is part of the fun and process and relaxation of the Slow Sunday Stitching thing.
There are fifteen people signed up for the sew along for Leo’s Mane. Four or five of them are actually over in Europe, mostly in the areas around and in Germany. That is so thrilling!! Not everyone has shared pictures, but Martina has here. And Ariane here in Canada has shown a picture of hers here and here.
I’m going to link up with Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and then get back to more stitching myself, assuming I can drag myself away from this device. (grin) I’m also linking to Esther’s WIPs on Wednesday and Sarah’s Help for hexie-aholics






8 comments:

  1. WOW! So many beautiful blocks and so many hand stitches in this project!
    Enjoy your slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great, your going on, i love your colors.
    Now i will start on the first border.
    Have fun - Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your progress looks great.
    Thank you for the links.
    I have finished the middle and now I will start the first border.
    Best wishes Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy,
    I echo Kathy above - WOWEEEEE. Your blocks are just beautiful, and so worth the time spent making them. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blocks. Using the octagons with the squares and those 8 pointed stars I just love. What pieces are that star made out of? I have made the 8 pointed star where all the pieces are the same size, but I haven't seen that elongated shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do such beautiful piecing...so intricate. I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful - slow work but so worth it when you get results like this!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.