Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 24 September 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching


I’ve put Leo’s Mane aside for a few days. The third border is well on its way to being finished, and I wanted to put some stitches into a project I started a while ago. It’s called Creme Brûlée from Willyne Hammerstein’s second Millefiori Quilts book. I’m doing some preparation of diamonds and triangles, getting ready for stitching. I’m a glue baster when it comes to English Paper Piecing. I’d rather save my sewing time for actually sewing them together, rather than basting. Almost ready to start sewing the contrast triangles and diamonds onto the next three rosettes.

I’ve started putting some of the rosettes together. This is partly why I set this project aside a while ago. I couldn’t decide what to use for the filler hexagons. I finally decided on basic Kona Snow.There is enough going on in the fussy cut centres, that I didn’t want to add anything else. I have all kinds of fabrics left over from doing La Passacaglia that are perfect for fussy cutting. Also left over from La Passacaglia are Kona solids in all kinds of brights and soft colours that are perfect for the framing triangles and diamonds in these rosettes.
The rest of today is going to be spent sewing on these. It’s gloriously hot and muggy outside. Almost too much so, but I refuse to be driven inside. All too soon now, it will be too cold to be outside, so I’m enjoying it while I can.
I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching









7 comments:

  1. These look great! I'm having fun working on my Leo's Mane blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Those fussy cut centers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks are soooooo much fun!! Love the fussy cutting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they look soooo great.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fussy cutting raises you EPP projects to the next level.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.