Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 28 May 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching.

I have finished the hand stitching on Orion’s Belt. Woohoo, yippee and happy dance! I love all the bright scrappy colours in this one. Now, I have a question.... does it need a narrow border of the black to finish it off or is it finished the way it is? What do you think? 
Once we have our web site up and running, hopefully within the month, the pattern for this, along with the papers and the acrylic templates will be available for sale. In the meantime, I am going to start another one, again using the kites. This one has a very strong secondary pattern to it, which I think will be fun once there is more than one block together.
I have to get it drawn up in Corel Draw and then cut before I can do much on it. Although, thinking of it now, I still have lots of kite papers left from doing the others, so I could get started on that  part of it. I love the  colours in the Electric Quilt drawing, so I’m hoping there is something in my stash that is close to it.
I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching, and then I’m going to go stash diving to see if I can find some fabrics that  work.



11 comments:

  1. That's a stunning piece! I love it as is - it looks like the stars/kites are ready to sail off into space...
    Hope you find those lovely bright fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt. Love the colors. I think a narrow border would finish it off, nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I think a black border would frame it nicely.
    I love the secondary pattern that appears in that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design and it is now on my list. I think a 2" or so border will make the stars float on the background. I just did this with a tumbling block quilt and love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely add a black border to frame all those gorgeous stars.This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the others on the black border... your next project looks fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for the narrow black border too. Seems smart to stabilize the edges and secure the points. Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to the black border. Those stars really need to float in the night sky. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I say add the narrow border. If you don't, you will lose those nice points when you put the binding on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A small black border.... very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.