Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 27 February 2015

Helen's Four Patch Ohio Stars

This quilt is a wonderful example of how a pile of scraps, when combined with a couple of light and dark fabrics used as a constant, can become a spectacular quilt. I think these are my favourite type of scrappy quilts, controlled scrappy. Using the same setting fabrics pulls all of the gorgeous scrappiness into a harmonious whole. I also think that hourglass blocks are one of my favourite ways to set scrappy blocks together. The stars surrounded by the light fabric look like they are floating in the background, and the ones surrounded by the dark fabric are so nicely framed.
This was quilted with the Star in Star pantograph. I enjoyed doing this one so much, that I had a hard time letting it go to its home. I just might have to add a quilt like this to my want-to-do list.



3 comments:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.