Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 1 January 2015

New Year's Bucket list for 2015

Yesterday I did a post all about what I managed to get accomplished in 2014. Today is the fun part, making plans for this coming year. I've up-dated a couple of the lists on my right hand side bar. The UFO list has been modified to show WIPs as well. The list is much shorter this year than last, which is a good thing. Of course there could be a project, or two, or three. that I've forgotten about, that I'll add as I come across them. But the really fun part is thinking about all the wonderful projects and  things I want to do in the coming year, including starting new things. I'm still working on the plus sign quilt, which should be done very shortly. That will use up a large number of 2 1/2 inch squares that I had sorted into sets of five. I also want to do a puzzle quilt, that uses sets of nine 2 1/2 inch squares, currently sitting in a bag in a drawer of my sewing desk.
I have been wanting to do a Lady of the Lake quilt, using reds and yellows and greys. This might be the year. And there are at least two quilts by Judy Martin that I'm itching to do, which will go towards using up some jelly roles I have.
There are two long term hand projects that are in the works, both of which are going to be done with a buddy..... Charlene. It seems that I inadvertently infected her with the desire to do a couple of English Paper piecing quilts. As I came across fun things in my blog surfing, that I thought she would enjoy seeing, I'd email the links to her. This passing of emails caused the infection, and since I caused it, I have to do them with her. Actually, I think I've told this story already..... anyway..... there are two EPP projects in my list for this year, and I don't think doing them is going to be much of a hardship...... I hope. One of them, at least,  will go to reducing scraps.

And then there are the quilts I've been playing with in EQ7, all of them scrappy, using different sizes, parts of which can be used as leaders/enders. This first one uses 2 inch squares, and I think the colours around each of the sets of five squares will be a different coloured solid or read as solid fabric of some sort. The majority of this is grey, simply because I was to lazy to click on each of the individual grey areas to re-colour them. I've actually started doing up the sets of five squares as my current leader/ender project.

This next one will be scrappy. It's a free pattern found here. I have a drawer full of trimmings from quilt backings that are 6 1/2 inch strips. Each of the triangles in this quilt are 6 inch finished, so it would go pretty quickly.


This next one would use up 2 1/2 inch squares and 4 1/2 inch strips for the triangles. I have eight yards of a Kona light yellow solid that would be
perfect for the backgrounds in this quilt. I could do the four patches as leader/ender. I love the faux curved lines on this one.

And then I have one more planned out, that would use up more 2 1/2 inch strips and 4 1/2 inch strips, of children's prints, this time, since I seem to have an over abundance of those. I had so much fun doing the Blooming Nine Patch, that I thought it would be fun to try the same effect on this quilt, but with triangles instead of squares. The blocks in this one are four inches finished.


And that's it, so far, for all the fun things I want to do in the coming year. And, I'm not sure that it's a best of all thing, but all four of those quilts can be done from stash and scraps I already have on hand, as can the two Judy Martin ones I want to do. Will I be able to resist buying fabric....... not likely, but I can get started on lots of fun stuff right away, without having to buy anything.
I'm going to enjoy this..........

3 comments:

  1. Great projects for the new year. I will continue to make quilt tops for the next couple of months then will need to quilt them to get ready to send overseas. It is going to be another busy year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lots of quilty fun ahead for you this year!
    And such a successful year to look back on... great projects finished!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.