This is the first time in quite a while that I've had any hand stitching to share. But, I am so excited, because the hand stitching is for the binding and hanging sleeve of Cactus Rose, a Judy Niemeyer pattern. I'm sitting outside in the yard, on this glorious summer day to work on the hand stitching. I am beyond over the moon thrilled with how this turned out. There was a picture in my mind how it should look, but I wasn't sure I could get it there. It looks even better than I had hoped it would. And I couldn't just leave it with that teaser photo of it all curled up in my lap.
And here's a close up of one of the sections. I took the shape of the
leaves and the flowers and just ran with it in the quilting in all
different directions, with a few patches of pebbles thrown in here and
there, just to break it up a bit. Then, I put a larger leaf shape in the
outer border area, and put a few pebbles in the center of some of those
leaves, also for added interest.
And here's a photo of the back.
Some of the stash usage this week went towards the binding and hanging sleeve for this quilt. The rest went for living room french door curtains, and some borders for Meteor Shower.
Used this week: 6.7 yards
Used this year: 60.5 yards
Added this week: 6 yards
Added this year: 58 yards
Stash Busted: 2.5 yards
I'm linking up this week to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching and Judy's Stash Report. And then, there is lots more stitching to be done on the binding and hanging sleeve to finish, hopefully by the end of today.