Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 28 October 2012

Stash and Sunday Stitching Report


I think I might be starting to climb out of the fibromyalgia pit I've been in for the last 2 weeks. I actually managed to spend a little bit if time in the sewing room yesterday, and pieced a backing for a quilt, and did the set of orange nine patches for October's nine patch swap at the guild. I did get a lot of hand stitching done in the past week.
I think the only thing left to do on this is the centers of the flowers, and then colour the rest of it in. I've been working on Laurie's stocking, too, and it is getting close to being done. I'm on piece 74 out of 117.

I haven't done a stash report in a couple of weeks now, and the numbers reflect that. I picked up 4 fat quarters of sky looking fabric for a quilt I have planned. There is a "quilt til you wilt" day coming up in November, and I know exactly what quilt I want to work on, and I needed more sky type fabrics for it. And then I picked up a package of 40 five inch I Spy charms, that have been trimmed to tumbler shapes. I'm collecting them to eventually be able to have enough for a twin sized quilt.

Used since Oct. 14:                                         6 yards
Used this year:                                            103.9 yards
Purchased since Oct. 14:                                1.7 yards
Purchased this year:                                     159.5 yards
Balance:                                                          55.6 more yards in than out.

I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Your Think Inside The Box quilt is absolutely fabulous! Can't imagine tackling something like that. Congrats on being re-uninted with daughter and grandsons. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are starting to feel better. Your stitchery looks so pretty. Enjoy your eye spy quilt. they are so much fun to make and snuggle under.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Wonderful varigated thread in your stitchery block!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! What's a quilt til you wilt day? And who sponsors it?!? Your P&B block looks nice! And so do your numbers -- great job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.