Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Surgery Date set.....


Well, I saw the eye surgeon yesterday, and received quite a sort of pleasant surprise. Although the wait time to get in to see the eye surgeon was six months, the wait time for the surgery is one week. So, I am booked for the right eye to be done October 5th, and the left eye on October 19th. The doctors says, that with the new lens implant, I should be able to go without glasses, except for reading and close work. That boggles my mind! I've worn glasses since I was 13 years old, although there were a few years in there that I went without. I might get them to make me a pair that I can keep on all the time, though, just so I don't become one of those people who are always searching for their glasses, which would definitely be me. He had to warn me, though, that because I'm quite far sighted, my vision in between to 2 surgeries could get wonky, because the 2 eyes will be very different, and I won't be able to see out of my current glasses with the eye that has already been done. Something tells me there won't be a lot of sewing or quilting done until the second eye is done. That means, I have to find something else to do with my hands in the meantime. I think that will involve some knitting, which is going to involve a trip to a yarn/fabric store later on today. There is a really cool, easy scarf pattern that I really like, and I love the yarn it has been done with in the picture. The yarn shop I want to go to carries it, so I'm off there after I finish this. Then, I think there is some quilty stuff I should get done before the surgery, Noel's quilt should get done, and I have a couple of customer baby gifts to do. And the first block for the Fat quarters stars quilt along has been posted, so I'd like to do that. And do some more crumbs. But, if I'm going to get anything done, I'd best get moving.

4 comments:

  1. Well that's great news about the timing for your surgeries. While you have only one eye done could you pop the lens out of your glasses for the eye that was already done? I've known people who get the surgery and then don't have to wear glasses except for reading. I always think well now that's ONE good thing about getting older!!!! ---gotta look on the positive!!
    love the yarn in that photo too-good luck finding it. The pattern looks really cool too.
    ONe of these days I'm going to take the time and learn to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very exciting news Cathy! Diane has a darn good idea!

    Love the yarn and the scarf pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully you are getting the procedure done right way. The colour of the yarn is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news on the eye surgery, then! Glad to hear it. Love that scarf pattern. Gosh I wish we lived closer so you could teach it to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.