Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Customer Quilts 2015

Sunday, 6 February 2011

Stash report Week 6

I did a lot of sewing, and quilting, and even more unquilting, this past week. The good news is, my longarm is mostly fixed, due to a lovely man on the APQS forums, who sent me instructions on what the problem was, how to diagnose it, and then how to fix it. With my wonderful husband's help, we managed to take apart the back of the machine where the "mag collar"lives, and adjust it. Considering I had no idea there was such a thing as a mag collar, let alone where it was and what it did, it was very scary stuff. But, it's done, and 90% better than it was. It's still occasionally catching the thread in the bobbin assembly and breaking it, but I know how to prevent that form happening, until I can get instructions on how to completely fix it. But, in the meantime, I won't be using any of the thin polyester threads in the top layer of the quilt. King Tut it is, for now, at least.

Stash report:

Used this week:        9.2 yards
Used year to date:     28.9 yards
Added this week:      3 yards
Added year to date:   91.5 yards
Balance:                    +62.6 yards

Yikes, that's a huge added number, but I should be done with purchasing for quite a while now, so the balance number should start to go down over the next few months. I don't have a particular goal in mind, and I don't have a no more purchasing policy. This is more a curiosity thing, keeping track like this, just to see how much fabric actually does come and go around here in the course of a year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.