After many frustrating hours, and taking apart my long arm, tightening and loosening screws and lots of teeny adjustments, I seem to be back in business. The test is going to be today, (I did all kinds of playing and making sure things were going well on plain muslin yesterday), when I load one of Evelyn's cross stitch quilts, and start to work on that. It is a custom job, with all kinds of starts and stops. I'll take a pic once I get it loaded, and some of the squares done. That's my goal for today. Plus, during the times I need to sit and rest my legs, I'll finish the last border on the blue/brown baby quilt, which I need to come up with a better name for, and maybe sew up some more crazy curves.
Fast forward a couple of days since that paragraph was
written. The longarm is back to humming along,
and the baby quilt, which I've decided to name
"Chocolate Swirl" is finished. And, for the first
time, I'm piecing a backing for it out of what
was left from the top. One of the fun things about
this quilt is that the deep chocolate colour of
the setting triangles, and the cream sashing
and border fabrics are from the fabric I bought
to make Noel and Laurie's wedding quilt.
The chocolate brown is just about the last of
this fabric, and I was able to us the border
strips that I originally cut, that turned out
not to be a good choice for the top And some other fabrics that I bought at the same time as the ones for the top that just didn't quite work with it, but now I can use them up, instead of having them just sitting on the shelves. I have
to add a few more 5 inch strips to the back
to get it up to the right size, then, once
Evelyn's quilt is done, I can load this one
and get it quilted. So, that's my plan for the rest of the day, before I go in for a 3-11 shift at the hospital.