Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 4 December 2010

Finishes

I finally got around to taking a few pictures of the  quilts I've finished in the past month, although I still haven't got the bindings sewn down. I've decided I'm finishing them off by machine, with my walking foot, decorative thread, and a decorative stitch. So, now, it's just a matter of getting it done, some time in this lifetime. I was hoping to have them done by the end of the year, so that I could use them as charitable donation deductions on my income tax, but I don't think that's going to happen. So, I'll get the rest of my donation quilts done in the new year, and have a much larger amount to donate. I also finished Amalia's quilt, and took some pics of it, as well. And now, I'm off to work on a quilt on the longarm before heading in to work this afternoon.
This is Amalia's quilt. It measured out at 97x97 inches. It's made completely out of batiks, and is absolutely stunning


This is a close up of one of the stars in the quilt. The centre of the star is sewn using a dimensional technique that I had never seen before
I tried to get a side view to see if the quilting would show up more. It is a pantograph called "Plummage" I can't remember the name of the designer at the moment. I used a Rainbows varigated thread
This is that half hexagon quilt I pieced last spring. The backing, which I didn't get a picture of, is large yellow sunflowers, which is also going to be the binding


A scrappy style Delectable Mountains,  in a barn raising setting. There is something about this quilt that I'm not happy with. I told Susan, when I was chatting with her last week, that it was an ugly quilt. 



This is a "Bricks and Stepping stones" quilt from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville.  It is going to have a scrappy binding. I took a whole pile of leftover binding ends, and sewed them together to get enough to bind this one

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...you have been so busy! Great quilts! I really want to make a bricks and stepping stones quilt...love the scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.