Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday, 30 August 2026

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I’ve set my cross stitching aside for a little bit. Instead, I’ve been playing with some English Paper Piecing. I saw the beginnings of a mystery a couple of weeks ago, and decided to hop in on it. I chose the fabrics, as the hostess described, a couple of weeks ago. I have clue one finished. There are a total of 16 of these. 

Clue number 2 is well on its way. I think there are 32 of these, 16 of each colour reverse. 

We’ve also been doing tons of canning in the last couple of days. Every August our local Freshco grocery store has 25 pound boxes of Roma tomatoes for a fabulous price, $8.88 per box. We go through a lot of marinara style pasta sauce every year, so I am trying to do enough to last us all year. Pictured here is the second batch. There will be one more batch tomorrow and then I hope to do up some jars of just plain tomatoes. It’s been a family job. Scott and Becca have helped with all the chopping of the green peppers and onions. Our grand daughter Abbie did all the blanching yesterday and I’m hoping she will help tomorrow too. I did the coaring of the tomatoes and the peeling. We started at 11:30 yesterday morning and the last batch came out of the water bath canner at 9:30 last night. Tomorrow will be mostly the same.

I’ll link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.










1 comment:

  1. I'm in the middle of pasta sauce-making too - but it's a batch or two every 3 or 4 days as the tomatoes ripen in the garden. I had shoulder replacement surgery in May, and the recovery process is slow, so I'm okay with bits at a time.... I'll be processing some for the freezer too - I love having tomato chunks for chili, etc.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.