Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 18 September 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I’m still working on the Harbour Village cross stitch piece. It is getting so close now to being done. I’ve finished the picnic scene and also the border under it. The last border of the piece is now in progress. After this, I still have to go back and add in the beading on some of the sections and then I can call it done. So very exciting! I was able to pull out all the single threads I put in as a grid to follow to keep track of where I am in the pattern chart. It has paid off on the time invested in doing the grid numerous times as it revealed that I was a thread or two off from the pattern. It saves lots of ripping out time. 

I’m already planning for my next cross stitch piece. I went through all my baggies of linen fabric, really there are only 2. One with scraps from previous projects and one that had a whole piece. I’ve put it together with the threads I bought for doing the piece called The Quilting Bee. Unlike my quilts however, I don’t want to have more than one cross stitch project going at once. So I will persevere and finish this one.

I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.



1 comment:

  1. It's exciting to see this piece almost done! Your next piece looks perfect - combining your 2 loves!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.