I seem to have gotten my cross stitching mojo back. If you were reading last week you’ll remember that I was talking about having a possible solution to the dreaded thread tangling issue and that, if it worked, I’d report back. Well it worked. Two or three years ago, when I was just getting back into embroidery, I made a portfolio folder type thing from a pattern from Crabapple Hill. It is pretty and I have used it a little bit, but never really put it to efficient use. Fast forward to last week. Here’s the outside of the folder. It folds into three parts. Here’s the inside with my solution to the tangling threads. I’ve pinned the thread drop to the top section of the folder and then tucked the threads into the pocket at the bottom. It will also hold the printed paper pattern of the section I am working on. With the threads all sorted and de-tangled I was able to get the finicky light houses done. I’m ready to move on to the next section of the sampler.
I’ve also been making good progress on my Grenadine sweater. The fade sections are done and I’m down to just using the blue/orange yarn. I’m happy with the ways the colours gradually got more intense. I also like the way the orange stripes look to be pooling and wrapping around. I’ll continue with this colour all the way to the bottom.
It’s a lovely sunny day out on this Father’s Day Sunday, but a bit too cool for sitting outside. Although it might be ok in a patch of sun. Whether I choose indoors or outdoors it will be spent enjoying the sounds of the birds and the wind in the trees with a needle and thread in hand. I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.