I’ve added in some new type slow stitching lately. I’ve started back in to sewing my own clothes. The older I get, the harder it is to find clothes that fit. I’m short, and my top half and bottom half are different sizes. Unless I pay big money for specialized petite sizes, nothing fits properly. Within the last few years a large number of pdf pattern companies have come out that have customization for sizing already built in to their patterns. I am in the process of making myself a dress that I can wear during the summer. It has some hand stitching in it, for the hems and the facings and the buttons. It took a while to figure out the button hole function on my sewing machine, but I think I’ve got it now.
I have to get to 10 3/4 inches before I start on the pattern for the bottom of the sweater. Another couple of evenings should get there.
I’ve also been working on the monthly UFO challenge a group of friends and I are doing. My goal for this month was to use up the nine patches I received in a swap hosted by the guild back in about 2012. I succeeded in that goal. I got 2 lap sized quilts out of them. This one is from a page ripped out of a magazine that I’ve had for ages. This second one was designed in the Electric quilt software. The edge border is from 2 inch squares that I have had hanging around in a box for years. Some of them are quite old, so it was time to move them out. Of course, there are lots of 2 inch squares still left to be leader/endered into something else eventually.
I’m going to link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and then get back to cutting out a new top for me to wear whenever the weather warms up. The date may say spring, but it is still looking like winter out there, including the snow that is currently falling.