Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 18 April 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

 Cross stitch continues to be my focus. I truly think it is helping to keep my sanity. The news around us is getting worse and worse and our provincial government is doing nothing substantive to mitigate it. I’m not a political person and won’t get into it here. But I will say that I am getting more and more discouraged and angry, like many others. The good news is, I have an appointment for a first vaccine dose on Tuesday. I have no idea at this point on how the second dose will work. The appointments are supposed to be booked at the same place. But by the time my second dose is due we will be living 4 hours drive away. I’m hoping it will be possible to transfer the dose to another location. I called the pharmacy and they seemed to think that would be possible. But I’m not willing at this point to put the first dose off for another 5 weeks until after we move. So, in the meantime I stitch to keep both my hands and my brain distracted and occupied.

I’ve made really good progress on the Love Is Patient Sampler from Victoria Samplers.

 I’m up to section 19 out of a total of 30. I’m not sure yet what I am putting into the box. I may leave it as is, or I may put our anniversary date into it. 

I’ve also almost finished the third instalment of the April stitchery. This is also from Victoria Sampler and is free through their facebook page. The green stems at the top of the piece need their flowers added and then there are some boxy type stitches that go under them yet to do. I may finish this up this afternoon and then get back to my sampler. 

I’m linking to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.





2 comments:

  1. Very pretty pieces! Looks like you are enjoying your time with needle and floss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is so beautiful! I like the idea of your anniversary date in the box - it's pretty with just the stitching that's there, but it looks a bit bare... Whatever you do will look good!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.