Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 12 September 2020

Slow Stitching

 I have finished all the stitcheries for my Summer Kitchen quilt. There are 8 different blocks that go in the outer border. Here are 7 out of those 8. The 8th is a jar of Strawberry jam that has been temporarily misplaced so it didn’t get into the photo. Here it is on its own.

Since I have finished all those I had hoped to get some time on Saturday to start putting them together. However the first day of the London air show was today and my husband wanted to go, so off we went. I figured it was a fair exchange for all the quilt shows and shops he’s done with me over the years. Getting the assembly started will have to wait a bit longer. They are all trimmed down to their correct size which is at least a start.

In the meantime I have started the new Crabapple Hill Block of the month Noah’s JourneyThis central block is large..... 24x24 inches when finished, so it will keep me occupied for a while. It took me 3 days just to get it coloured. So far I love it!

I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.







6 comments:

  1. Love the Kitchen blocks and oh my your have really made progress on the Noah's Journey I was thinking of doing one for my little niece and now that I have seen yours I'm going to place an order. Lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to try one of those Crabapple Hill designs. I always love them. I hope you find that jam jar block soon. Noah's Ark looks like quite a large project. Enjoy you stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Such precious embroidery work! How pretty! Yes, it's a tradeoff with our dear husbands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely embroidery projects you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely blocks Cathy, they turned out beautiful, so unique.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.