Last week I finished off the row of cupcakes for my Summer Kitchen quilt. Immediately after that I got to work tracing out and starting in on the tea cups. I continue to be amazed at a couple of things with this project - how much I am enjoying the process anyhow quickly they stitch up. I have 2 out of 4 tea cups done: a cup of pansies.
I have 2 more of these little floral arrangement cups to do. They will eventually get trimmed down and framed with fabrics before being sewn into the quilt. In the meantime there is also another row that will measure 5 inches by 48 inches that needs to be done. I found a free vintage embroidery design that also features tea cups which I think fits quite well with what I am planning for the over all look of this quilt. There are 5 cups across this section. The cups are all the same design but are different colours. This is what it looked like when I finished colouring it but before any of the stitching went in. And here’s a close up of the first section finished.
I’m going to link up with Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and then get back to more slow stitching.