Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 16 August 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

 Last week I finished off the row of cupcakes for my Summer Kitchen quilt. Immediately after that I got to work tracing out and starting in on the tea cups. I continue to be amazed at a couple of things with this project - how much I am enjoying the process anyhow quickly  they stitch up.  I have 2 out of 4 tea cups done: a cup of pansies. 

And I think these look like phlox.

 I have 2 more of these little floral arrangement cups to do. They  will eventually get trimmed down and framed with fabrics before being sewn into the quilt. In the meantime there is also another row that will measure 5 inches by 48 inches that needs to be done. I found a free vintage embroidery design that also features tea cups which I think fits quite well with what  I am planning for the over all look of this quilt. There are 5 cups across this section. The cups are all the same design but are different colours. This is what it looked like when I finished colouring it but before any of the stitching went in. And here’s a close up of the first section finished.

I’m going to link up with Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and then get back to more slow stitching.







9 comments:

  1. Your colors, and stitching are fabulous. I'm excited to see how this all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how dainty your teacups are and the colors are just wonderful! What kind of thread are you using for the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be such a gorgeous quilt. Love those teacups all hanging in a row; so pretty. Both the cup of pansies and that of the phlox are beautiful. Love the pretty colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, delicate and refined! I love it. Your stitching is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teacups are so lovely the coloring and stitching is beautiful, the row of cups look so dainty I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I really like this teacup project. The pieces are so pretty and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am enjoying seeing you work on this, so pretty. What will it end up being, I wonder, a quilt, or tablecloth perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These stitcheries you are doing are just amazing! And if you are really enjoying the process, then that is even better! Thanks for taking the time to link up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.