I’ve finished my embroidery folder project and I love it. This is the outside of it.
I found some odds and ends of leftover bindings that I sewed together and finished the outer edge. I like the additional colours. It took a bit of fussing to get it all cut to the right size so that it would fold up without anything bulging, but it got done. Here’s a close up of the front.
The inside is divided up into three pockets, stitched in place where the folds lie.
And I have my first new project that uses the folder started. It’s the manger scene I showed last week.
It is stitching up quite quickly. I have at least two more embroidery projects waiting in the wings. Both need to be traced out onto fabric and both need tinting with crayons before stitching. I have threads for them coming from the Crabapple Hill shop. I’m linking to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.
Your embroidery folder project is lovely both inside and the cover. The embroidery is pretty and I love how the design winds it's way around to the back. Love too, the different fabrics for the binding.ReplyDelete
I love your folder!ReplyDelete
Gorgeous stitching and projects!ReplyDelete
Your embroidery folder is so pretty I love it.ReplyDelete
I love your stitching folder finish! How clever and functional too.ReplyDelete
I wonder what your gold thread you are using in your manger piece you shared at the end is... I am looking for a similar weight in silver or glittery white for hand quilting. Thanks for your time :) Kathi
lovely stitching on your folder and the new projectReplyDelete
I'm pretty sure that you "taught" me the value of a good diagonally striped binding - and I get really excited when I get to use one!ReplyDelete
Your Stitch project turned out great. I love the striped binding(s) on it.ReplyDelete