Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 4 November 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

I am finishing Friendship Chain. It is so very very close now. The last of the chains are done and all sewn together into the last of the rows. The last row is now in the process of being stitched in place.
My friend Charlene and I are doing a trunk show about English Paper Piecing on Thursday evening for our guild. I so very much want to have this done by then so I’m putting on a push to get the last 2 very long seams done by then. I have plans to spend the rest of the afternoon working on that while watching Inspector Morse mysteries.
Once I’ve finished with stitching all this together I need to finish writing up the pattern for this design. Before I can do that I need to stitch up a few extra units so that I can take photos of the process for stitching together the units for the last row. Once that’s done I can finish writing it up and get it to Charlene, who in addition to doing trunk shows with me also graciously does editing on my patterns. I am so blessed to have so many good friends. This quilt is named in honour of them. One of my friends, Susan, who I’ve known for over 30 years now, left a comment on the blog a few weeks ago. I loved the comment so much that it has been incorporated into the introduction for the pattern. She said, and I quote: "This friendship chain quilt is varied and unique not unlike each of our friends who bring a mixture of personalities and colour to our lives.
So with that goal in mind, I’m going to finish this post and get it linked up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching 


6 comments:

  1. Great quote from your friend. I'm sure you'll get this finished before Thursday, along with the other blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I can’t wait to see it in person on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the chain just like our friends...hold us together and keep us from falling apart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt looks more beautiful every time I see it - and Susan's comment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is gorgeous and thank you for using my comment in your pattern description. You will get it done on time....You can see the finish line! I like Deanna's comment as well. I know that you have often held me together and kept me from falling apart over the last 30+ years. I am so proud of my quilter sister.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.