Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 7 October 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

First of all, I want to wish a happy Thanksgiving to everyone here from Canada who celebrates today. We have our full family coming for dinner today. I am so thankful for a family that loves one another and gets along so well! And I am so very thankful for all my friends both locally that I actually get to see in person and those I’ve never met in person but know through this wonderful medium of the internet.
Our part of the work for our family dinner was mostly done yesterday, cooking the turkey and stuffing ahead of time and putting it into foil containers that can go into the oven to heat about an hour before dinner. I like having all that work and all the mess taken care of the day before. It gives so much more time to be able to be with the family rather than be in the kitchen.We’ll be going to church this afternoon and getting back in time to put finishing touches to gravy. We also decided we wanted a choice of dishes this year, so we’re doing a roast beef as well. And of course, no roast beef is complete without yorkshire pudding, so there will be that to do as well when we get home.
In the meantime, I can show you what I’ve gotten accomplished on Friendship’s Chain. I’m down to only having one more row to do which is why there is a gap in between the two sections in the picture. It’s in two sections because once I figured out a logical way to put it together, I had to start at the other end in order to be able to take pictures of the process for pattern writing purposes. As quilts grow in our little apartment we start to have problems with picture locations with adequate floor space and adequate light. This one just fits at the bottom of the stairs. I try to do most of my pictures outside but it’s wet and windy out there today. Plus I must confess to still being in my pj’s and not wanting to be outside that way.
It’s been quite busy around here lately getting ready for our guild’s quilt show. I have finished the quilts for other people for it and now would like to get one more of my own done, but that’s not likely to happen. So instead, maybe I’ll slow down and work on getting this finished and quilted instead and then begin the pattern writing process for it. I also have a new quilt in mind that I’m itching to get started. It’s an expansion of the Mariner’s Compass I did back in August. I want to get it set into a Medallion style quilt using other Compasses. But I will exercise what little self discipline I have and finish this first.
I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and then I think I’ll get myself some lunch which is also breakfast.


9 comments:

  1. I think you must mean Brinch which is a perfectly acceptable meal to eat in one’s pj’s on a lazy Sunday!

    Your friendship chain is very close to being done! The temptation of a new quilt to start is hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you! You are one of the people that I'm thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a most beautiful quilt your Friendship Chain is going to be when finished. I am amazed at all those lovely colours and patterns linked together. Have a beautiful Thanksgiving celebration with your family. Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding.....delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! The Friendship chain is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! I love your Friendship Chain quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful quilt, love all the colors and the twining rings. Your cook the turkey the day before idea sounds just terrific. We are likely to be 30 again for the holiday and I agree having that already finished is such a stress reliever. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving this quilt. I can't wait for the pattern to come out. Thanks for sharing as progress happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOLOLOL... "exercise what little self discipline I have"...that's totally ME!
    Love this Friendship Chain project... looks like a great scrap user.
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankful for our friendship of more than 30 years. This friendship chain quilt is varied and unique not unlike each of our friends who bring a mixture of personalities and color to our lives. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.