Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 13 March 2017

Design Wall Monday, March 13, 2017

I haven’t done a design wall Monday post in quite a while. Most of my projects lately have been slow going hand pieced things that never seem to end up on the wall. Well, this week I decided to change that. I’ve put them all up on the wall. What that did is convince me that I have a very bad case of English Paper Piecing pinball-itis. I am bouncing around from one project to another without much plan or purpose. But, I am having TONS of fun.
These are my collection of rosettes that I’m making for Willyne Hammerstein’s Creme Brûlée. They take a while because they are all fussy cut. I try and do one or two a week of these, just to keep it moving along. I need 60 rosettes, and I have 12. I make myself feel good by saying that it’s 20% finished.
Then, I decided to get back into the rainbow scrap challenge thing this year, but doing it using my current EPP obsession. I decided to play with 60 degree triangles. They are 1 inch, 2 inch and 4 inch triangles.The colour for February was aqua, and March is red. So, I’m up to date on these. I have no idea what I’m going to do with them.
And then, a couple of weeks ago, I saw some pictures of a quilt called La Passion, and quickly fell into that particular rabbit hole. The hexagon size is 1/2 inch, so this particular rabbit hole is going to be very long!!

And then, as if that weren’t enough, I was browsing around in EQ7, looking in the block base area of the program, and found all kinds of fun designs that would be extremely difficult to machine piece, but are perfect to adapt for EPP. So, I succumbed to temptation and started to dig another rabbit hole. This one is called Castor and Pollux in the EQ7 software.

I must say that I’m not doing a whole lot of machine piecing these days. I have a quilt I need to finish, and another one that needs binding. But these things have grabbed my attention and won’t let go. I’m linking up to Judy’s Design Wall Monday and Sarah’s Help for Hexie-aholics, and then I’m going back to sew more star points.







3 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects all!! I love the hexagon rosettes--very tiny!!;000
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Castor and Pollux!! I really need to get my Blockbase installed so I can take a gander around at the blocks. I do hope you'll consider joining my monthly hexie linky party - the next one is this Friday (3/17/17)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look so good...I can see why you keep bouncing around between these projects!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.