Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 12 June 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching and Stash report

I’m working, little by little, at my wall hanging that is using Karen Howes’ pieced hexagon techniques. It’s a slow process, which is why it’s slow Sunday stitching. It can’t be rushed or hurried. So in the process of doing it, my brain is forced to slow down, and enjoy the process. There are three more hexagon units to add around this star. Then I think it’s going to get a border of some sort, followed by a border of more pieced hexagons. Karen had a give away a few months back, and I won a choice of one of her pattern packs. I chose her Easier than Pie book 5. They are all printed out and ready to go.
I’ve switched spots where I’m stitching today. Rather transiting in my trusty, comfy recliner beside the window, I’ve moved over to a glider rocker that is right beside the area where my husband paints. We’re working on our separate projects, but are close enough to chat, should we wish. There’s quiet worship music playing in the background and life is so very good!
I’ve finished up the piecing for a quilt this past week, so this week I can count some of the blocks that hadn't yet been added to the stash report.

Used since May 23:                                     3.3 yards
Used this year:                                         29.75 yards
Added since May 23:                                  .25 yards
Added this year:                                      23.45 yards
Net stash busted:                                         6.3 yards

It’s getting to be time for supper, so I’m going to link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and Judy’s Stash report and then go eat before doing some more stitching.


3 comments:

  1. Love your hexagons. Beautiful fabric and fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be amazing when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect activity for Slow Sunday Stitching!
    Another wonderful project... great movement in the centre!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.