Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Customer Quilts 2015

Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Blooming Nine Patch

I have another finish for one of my own quilts, finally. The Blooming Nine Patch that I started in Aug. 2014, is now finished. This was a self induced challenge, to try and do this design using only fabrics that I had in my stash. When I started it, I wasn’t really sure how it was going to turn out and what the blend of colours would look like. I must say that it surpassed my wildest hopes for it. I love it.
Here’s a close up of the fabrics and quilting in the middle section. I did a circular swirl in all of the outside section blocks. The fabrics there are so busy that nothing would have really shown up. But in the centre section, I did a fun wavy back and forth type thing, almost like if the kittens in the one fabric were chasing some of the wool that is wrapped around them. I did my usual faux-piped binding, using my usual diagonally printed stripe. There are some cute critters to be found in the fabric around the outside, to go along with the kittens. I am so very happy with the way this one turned out! I’m going to link up to Connie’s Links Tuesday to celebrate and share this finish.





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! Great job on choosing fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at a quilt show this summer and saw some nine patch quilts made in this way. I thought it was absolutely fascinating how the fabrics shift from one block to the next. Your quilt is a great example of this method and I love the colours you chose and how you morphed from one fabric to the next. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, very color-wash like! It would be fun to study it to find those critters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you working on this one - so happy for you that it's done! It's even more stunning than I remember it - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.