I'm slowly, but steadily, working on the borders for Great Granny. I think I have 30 out of 70 square in square in square units done. I also finished the quilting on Orca Bay..... I should get a picture of it..... hang on a minute while I grab it and my camera and head outside where it is currently dry, and get a picture of it.....
Well, that took a bit more than just a minute, but here they are. I used a very simple quilting design on it, Square Spiral by Keryn Emmerson. I liked the way the diagonal motion of the design picked up a lot of the diagonal lines in the quilt. All it needs now is the binding, which is cut and ready to be pieced, put on.
Used this week: 1.9 yards
Used this year: 111.35 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added this year: 165.55 yards
Balance: 54.2 more yards in than out.
I couldn't count the backing for Orca Bay here as fabric out, since it's off a large bolt of wide backing that I purchased for use for customers, if they wish to purchase it. I'm slowly starting to buy backings to have to offer, should a customer wish to have that option. I have a bolt of navy blue coming sometime this week, but I won't count that as in for my stash, either.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report, and then I think I'll do some more work on Great Granny.
Wow! That turned out beautifully! I love the red border you added. Makes a perfect frame for a busy, beautiful top!ReplyDelete
LOVE this quilt! I agree with Katy - the red border is perfect for it! The inner border is really neat too - it adds just the right amount of interest to an already interesting quilt!ReplyDelete