Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Customer Quilts 2015

Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Pattern redesign finished



I spent yesterday, once I finally stopped stalling, redesigning the patterns for the bridesmaids dresses, and managed to get it done. So, then was the cutting and sewing part, for the lining, just to see if it worked the way I hoped it would. And it did. I'm doing another happy dance. Considering it's only the lining for the dress, I think it looks pretty good. Samantha comes over tomorrow for a fitting, and if it works, I can cut out and start on the dress portion. I'm hoping to get all three dresses done by May. Should be doable, if all goes as well as it has so far. I've also been working on the centre applique for my BOM and have gotten all the bias stems on, as well as the leaves. I'm using steam a seam 2, which is so light weight, that it is barely there. It doesn't have the stiffness of other fusible products I've used. I'm going to work on the flowers for the rest of the evening now, as a reward for work done, and procrastination conquered. Woohoo!!!

3 comments:

  1. looks good, you've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i'm digging your applique colors! i really like the blue background...

    did you see my post where i messed up my math and got the yard wrong....opps!

    shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi-I really love the dress and the quilt block-can't wait to see the finished products

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.